Monday, April 29, 2013

When is the right time to do CHARITY


As per my title, WHEN is the "right" time to do charity ???
 
Many people have different opinion on this.  Let me explain my opinion on this -  CHARITY
 
All of us know, CHARITY is basically contributing for a good cause. It can be a contribution in the form of money or service and this is to be done 'willingly'
Based on my opinion, the fundamental truth behind doing charity is for us to always appreciate on what we have in our lives and to also think about the underprivileged and help them.
 
Couple of years back, I was doing part time 'sales' job.Basically I earned some additional income based on the sales I made.But no matter how much I earned, it never was enough nor it gave me happiness.This is strange and I never understood it back then.
 
Well, this sales job was 10 years back, and after all these years, NOW I understand WHY was I stuck in that scenario.Well basically I was not enjoying what I was doing so internally I was not aligned with myself.Although I go out looking out for customer, with the best tools,without me realizing I sabotaged myself as I didn't believe in what I was doing and I was more focused on my bills and expenses so no matter how much of 'additional' income I had,I somehow attracted the equal amount of expenses in my life.As I mentioned earlier,the whole part of 'internalization' was not there.I always lived in a 'lack' mentality where I always focused 'what is NOT enough' rather than embracing or appreciating on what I have.I have mentioned about this in my previous blogs.
 
Now I would like to highlight one of the most important elements in life (at least for me) which we overlook most of the time.The element of "GIVING BACK TO SOCIETY" or "CHARITY"
 
During my salesman days, I was 'thought' to develop myself first before focusing on charity.Meaning is we have to focus on stabilizing our income first before giving it to the society.This is probably the 'old school' way of thinking but my question is, when will we actually 'meet' the stage of stabilizing our income.When we leave in a hut, we would have a desire to live in a single story terrace house. When we live in a terrace house, automatically we will have a 'face lift' in our desires, in this case,may be to live in a double story house and when we get to a double story house, we will want to live in a bungalow.Same goes to car, income,clothing and everything !!! The point here is, there is never an end to our desires and thats the fact. Lets admit it !!!
So when you have a bigger desire, your expense follows & this will increase your commitments.So basically when you are earning $100 a month, you will just probably eat bread for your meal but once your income hits $ 1000 a month, your whole lifestyle changes.You will no longer eat bread, you will eat a 'full course' meal with dessert ! This is lifestyle changes and its NORMAL.Now my question is , WHEN does the charity element comes in ?
As per the example above,although you are earning $1000 per month, you still have the same amount of commitment when you were earning $ 100 per month.Its just that you have an option to eat better meals right now because of your increase in income, so obviously you will enjoy it.
 
So the irony of we 'being stable' in life before doing charity will never work because as your income grow, your desires will grow and as your desires grow, your expenses will also grow. So this is a never ending story!!
 
My argument on this topic is, its EITHER NOW OR NEVER !!!!
Yes..its either you do CHARITY NOW OR YOU WILL NEVER DO IT.
YOU WILL FOREVER GIVE EXCUSES & REASONS NOT TO DO IT !!
 
Its all about your mindset ! If you are earning $ 100, practice giving at least $ 1 !! Try doing it and you will experience the joy of 'Giving'
 
We have to learn to 'UNLEARN' our old belief about charity or giving back to society..
 
If you google , most of the wealthiest people in the planet have donated huge amount of money to create a great impact to the society.Many of them have even formed organizations with a sole purpose of creating impact in peoples lives.Below are some of the examples of people who have it all but gives equal priority to give back to the society
Start NOW..Start SMALL..Cultivate the habit of GIVING...NOW so that once you grow in your carrier or business, you will GIVE the society effortlessly


Sai Ganeis
Youtube : type 'saigmission'
Skype : shree.ganeis
Contact : +60127105694

No comments:

Post a Comment