Wednesday, April 3, 2013

HOW to MEDITATE at your office

I know..after reading the title, you might be wondering..."Is it possible???? "
Trust me on this guys, I will bring you through...but again, whatever I'm sharing is purely based on my experience so you try it out first and see what works best for you..
 
WHY MEDITATION
First of all lets see WHY meditation is important ? 
If you ask me,MEDITATION is a beautiful experience where you drop all your thoughts and go into a different world.Its an experience that you can't describe in words.You have to feel it and experience it.I will go in detail on HOW to do it later, but first,allow me to address WHY you need meditation.A simple example...
What will happen if you don't take shower for few days ? You will stink, you will feel uneasy,smelly,dirty and you definitely won't be in your best form, no matter how much of perfume you use. So to keep your body clean, you have to take bath everyday.That's the same concept you should use for your mind.Based on some research (as per below link) our mind has close to 50,000 thoughts DAILY !!!! Ya, its 50,000 thoughts !!! And only you as an individual will know how many of them are positive and negative thoughts.So if your mind if full of positive thoughts,its awesome but what if its full of negative thought.Thought which lead you to worries, sadness,uncertainty,anger,hatred and etc.How are we going to cleanse these thoughts ?We are talking about 50,000 thoughts DAILY,not weekly or monthly !
So if your mind is clogged with negative thoughts today, and you don't cleanse it or neutralize it today,there is huge possibility for you to bring these thoughts to the next day, same as if you don't shower today, you will bring along your sweaty,sticky feeling to the next day.And if you don't shower for few days, its makes thing worse rite, you will stink even worse, so same goes to our mind, if we don't cleanse our thoughts on a daily basis, there are huge possibilities for us to accumulate all our negative thoughts day after day.
I hope the little example above have made you understand on WHY we need to meditate on a daily basis...
 
 
 
HOW do you do it at OFFICE
Do you think its possible ??? Yes of course it is...Let me share my experience. But guys, as crazy as it may sound...please try it out first before jumping into conclusion.My main objective here is to bring you to a mindset which allows you to see things on the positive side,from the inside out or in another words, to make sure you are in a state of "flow" where you don't just utter positive things mechanically but really feel and believe it.So now coming back to the point.. HOW TO MEDITATE IN YOUR OFFICE
 
LEAVE EARLY
Firstly let me share my experience with you.Well, basically I'm an early bird,I leave to work very early in the morning.I leave at 6.30 am and I will be in my office building by 7.10 am.To tell you the truth, I'm not an early bird by chance but by CHOICE.I have to wake up early and leave early to office as the traffic at my place is really bad.If I leave early to work (6.30am ), I will reach my office within 30 to 40 minutes but if I leave 15 minutes later,which is 6.45am, it will take me at least 1 hour or more to reach my office so.... you see the difference..?
I have  been doing this for the past 1 year and I never regretted.The only difficult part is to wake up early but once you are use to it, its never a problem.I guess the first thing you should do is stop saying,"I can't wake up early" and etc as the more you say it , the more you send the message to your subconscious mind that you CAN'T wake up early.The reason I suggest all of you to leave early to work is because if you start your day early, you won't get stuck in the traffic jam and secondly you won't have the 'rush' factor influencing your mind in the beginning of the day itself.I'm not sure how bad is the traffic in your area but whether the traffic is bad or not, leaving early and arriving early at your work place always gives you the 'valuable' extra time for you to go within and start your day with the proper positive mindset.If you start your day with a "rush factor" in your mind, you bring it with you all day long.
 
THAT 'EXTRA' TIME
If you are driving to work like me, once you reach your office car park,DON'T immediately get down from your car.Basically if you want to calm down your thoughts, relax and internalize, you need a quiet place just for yourself and I believe, YOUR CAR is the BEST place for this.Trust me on this as it really works for me.As I mentioned earlier, I  reach at my office building at 7.10am. So once I'm there, I will sit in my car comfortably and I will meditate.Yes..I meditate in my CAR !!! A place where no one will disturb you and I propose the same to all of you.Just try it out and give me your feedback.NO harm trying right ?
 
HOW to meditate
For a start, I would propose for you guys to allocate at least 5 minutes in the morning.Below are the 'Step by step' method which I would recommend but again I'm doing the recommendation based on my experience so I would still suggest you guys to try it out before jumping into conclusion.
 
1) Sit comfortably in a quite place
2) Take a deep breath , as deep as possible.
3) Then exhale out slowly.
4) Your focus should be your "BREATH"
5) Do it continuously and you will realize that the thoughts in your mind will fade away slowly.
6) Its definitely not easy in the first 2 rounds as you will have a lot of thoughts coming in your mind.
7) Try your level best not to participate in the thoughts which is running in your mind.Its just like in the movies, you will have  lots of scenes running in your mind but don't be part of the scene,by participating in it mentally.
8) The moment your realize you have thoughts, immediately try to divert your mind by focusing on your breath.
9) Just keep doing it for at least for 3 continues days and you will see the difference.
 
The irony here is, you have to start somewhere and STOP giving excuses.
 
BREATHING is a system which is created by GOD ALMIGHTY and all I'm suggesting here is to go with flow of the creator.
 
Remember..just focus on your BREATH.
 
WASH ROOM / MEETING ROOM
If you are using public transport to work,I have another crazy suggestion for you.This is something which I do it my self.Sometimes it will be too stressful in the office and I just have to find a place to be alone.Guess what, the best place for me, to calm down my thoughts, in the office is my office WASH ROOM...
Yes its MY OFFICE WASHROOM!!!!!! As crazy as it sounds, but think carefully, this is the only place where no one will disturb you or question you.Go in there,shut the door and just do your breathing exercise.Immediately it will give you a calming effect and put you in a neutral mindset.
As your are reading, your 'intelligent & intellectual' mind will say "Won't it be smelly in the wash room ??"...as I have mentioned couple of times, please try it out first..
 
Remember, our main purpose is to clear the thoughts in our mind so that we can go through the day with a clear and calm mindset.It doesn't matter whether you meditate, in your car or office washroom, all that matters is for you to have a moment for yourself and trust me, no one will notice this !!!! Its all about internal effect....

In summary, nothing is IMpossible..
Just decide and do it..




No comments:

Post a Comment